General Paeds – Mountain ward (Dr John Jackman) and Arctic Day Unit
Community Paeds – 4 weeks (Ann Lorek)
Objectives Community Placement 2011 - July (pdf)
1.5 weeks (Nicola McDonald & John Criddle) also 4 sessions during community paediatrics
John Jackman Induction Pack (emailed at beginning)
Teaching rota (Mon/Wed/Thur pm) + Wed pm presentation dates by us
Audit SpR partnership
Do Prompt SpRs time to time to do bed-side teaching.
Get weekly ECH - OP clinics timetables. Be motivated to arrange going to clinics on Study leave days or if ward not busy in afternoon, taking turns for 1 to go to clinic.
Community (based at Mary Sheridan Centre-walking from E&C):
On day 1: Contact Richard Gurney re password for GP computer and how to use phone directory. Spend at least ½ day getting to know key admin people’s names and numbers for each objective on objectives list, emailed by Ann Lorek.
To organise in order of highest to lowest priority:
- Timetable in Adoption panel fortnightly
- School visit x1 (find out from any SpR which reg allocated to school and then timetable in a visit).
- Single Point of Access (all referrals assessed by OT/Physio/Paeds) – Wed & Thur 3pm
- LANDS (Autism clinic) x2 – Sit in once with SALT and child, and once with Paediatrician and parent
- Child Protection (Muyiwa) – Strategy meetings, Medicals, Case Conferences
- Weekly Developmental Ax
- One to one ½ day sessions with nice consultants, Ann Lorek and Rush Wickramsinghe
- Looked after children and vulnerable child assessments
- Neurodisability Clinic (OT/Physio)
- 4 sessions in paediatric A&E